Preparation time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
MATERIALS – for 4 persons
400g boiled long grain rice
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
For the filling:
4 tablespoons melted white cheeses
2 tablespoons finely chopped baked spicy salami
2 tablespoons fresh basil
For the frying crust:
5 beaten eggs
400g breadcrumbs grated
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
Sunflower oil for frying
- Boil the rice in a ratio of 1 to 1 once all the liquids are absorbed, remove from the heat add the butter to melt and spread on a baking pan to cool.
- Homogenize all the ingredients of the filling and shape balls the size of a walnut, leave in the freezer to freeze for 30 minutes.
- Take a ball from the filling after they have frozen and wrap it in rice by rolling a large ball, leaving the made balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool well.
- Bread the rice balls and bread them in flour then in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs that we have mixed with the paprika.
- We role again for the second time the rice balls in the egg and the frying crust mix.
- Leave for 1 hour in the freezer and fry in medium hot oil for 5 minutes then put the balls in a baking pan with parchment paper and continue baking in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a small chopped Greek salad cutting tomato cucumber onion in small frames along with a little olive oil, vinegar, salt.